Worship Ministry Purpose
Our desire is to provide spiritually inspiring and emotionally uplifting praise and worship that consistently points people to God. We want to provide worship that helps change lives. To worship “in spirit and truth” (John 4:24).
Our Worship Ministry Leaders are:
Worship Choir: Richard Nissen
Sound & Media: Wayne Linder
Sunday Worship Team: Deanna Carnley and Brent Polglase
Heart and Attitudes for the Worship Team, by Bob Kauflin
Music and Media Worship Ministry Life Commitment
Music and Media Ministry Information Form
Other Worship Info
Worship Ministry Goal
Music/media is a very important part of worship at Mountain View and is an important part of God’s kingdom. As soon as Samuel anointed David as king, God thrust him into his first ministry: Music (I Samuel 16:18). David appointed 228 musicians for duty who were “trained and skilled in music for the Lord” (I Chronicles 12:7). “Sing a new song; play skillfully, and shout for joy” (Psalm 33:3). That is our goal as worship team members.
Worship Ministry Core Convictions
2. Our second commandment is to love each other. We believe our ministry team should have healthy and growing relationships with each other and the rest of the church body. We want our ministry to be a place where love for each other is the norm.
3. We want our ministry to have a strong vision and sense of direction that is constantly evaluating all it does to make sure it is fulfilling the purpose God has given us.
4. We want our ministry to have a systematic process for maturing disciples and placing people within the ministry.
5. We want our ministry to be flexible to meet the ministry challenges and needs that are immediately present without being bogged down in red tape.
6. We want our ministry to be where sharing Jesus is done out of an overflow of love for Him not out of guilt or coercion.
7. We believe our ministry should be more focused on reaching people of all ages rather than preserving the traditions of the past.
8. We want our ministry to place high value on and encourage learning, leadership development, and equipping.
9. We believe praying is an integral part of worship and should be a priority for members and team practices.
Worship Ministry Requirements
All members are expected to attend weekly rehearsals in order to be a part of the Worship team on Sunday.
Every volunteer must regularly attend Sunday morning services as a member of Mountain View. It is important, as a leader within the church, which you continue to be fed with the Word of God; so that you will be able to grow in your relationship with the Lord and set the proper example for others within your church family.
All new volunteers in the Worship Ministry will have a three-month Grace Period to experience the environment and expectations of their Team. During this time they will receive training, get to know their teammates, and try their hand at ministry. This Grace Period allows both the volunteer and the team time to adjust, learn, and see if the ministry is a fit for the new volunteer.
Everyone involved must have a teachable spirit and be dedicated to growing in their relationship with God. A servant’s heart and humility are a must. If you have the heart of a worshiper and want to serve in whatever capacity you are most needed, you will be an asset to our team.